News and Activities of Muslim Society of PEI
Our Youth Are Great! Masha Allah!
On Saturday, May 23, 2015, a group of our younger people spent a good deal of time raking and picking up garbage around the mosque property. They also cleaned the whole of MacAleer Dr.
They are (See pictures below):
Sami, Dia Uddin, Abdul Malik, Omar, Ayoub, Kareem, Mohamed, Yahya, Zakaria, Adam, and Yaseen. They were supervised and helped by Br. Suleiman, Sr. Khadija, and Sr. Farida.
Sr. Farida organized the activity with the help of Sr. Khadija.
Pizza, pop, and sweets were provided by Sr. Khadija and Br. Mohamed Badreddin.
The Muslim Society appreciates their efforts and thanks each and everyone very much. They are a good example of Muslim youth serving the community.
We ask Allah SWT to reward them with the best reward.
The Executive of the Muslim Society of PEI
- Family weekly gathering every Sunday afternoon.
- Monthly community potluck supper.
- Halaqas, or Islamic study circles for adults
- Eid prayers and Eid community suppers.
The Muslim Society also:
- Provides help and support to Muslim refugees and other newcomers to the Island
- Responds to regular invitations to schools and churches to speak about Islam
- Provides the media with information about Islam and Muslims
- Organizes events, whenever needed, to the larger public to address issues around Islam and
- Raises funds to help Muslims on the Island, and in other parts of the world who are in need
All donations are tax deductible