All the information on Muslim Society of PEI (MSPEI) website is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We do not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information on our website is strictly at your own risk and we will not be liable for any losses and damages in connection with the use of our website.
However where inaccurate information is published, please contact us in order to rectify the mistake.
If you own the copyright to image(s) and you do not wish it (them) be included on our website, please contact us and we will remove it as soon as possible.
We provide links to other sites from this website for your convenience. We do not endorse these sites and they are not under the authority of MSPEI. We are not responsible for the information these linked sites provide or for the use you make of them. Some sites charge a fee for use. If you use these sites, you will be responsible for any fees charged. Any opinions and views expressed on other sites do not necessarily reflect the opinion of MSPEI.
COOKIES AND HOW THEY BENEFIT YOU
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
More about our Cookies
Website Function Cookies
Social Website Cookies
Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor Statistics Cookies
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (learn how here). Doing so, however, will likely limit the functionality of our and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called ‘spyware’. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser, you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
Your privacy and security are important to us. The Muslim Society of PEI (MSPEI) respects your right to privacy and is committed to protecting the personal information you provide to us. We use the information collected through our website to facilitate donation collection and processing, to provide tax receipts, to process online account registrations and to communicate relevant news and updates. MSPEI does not trade, license, rent or sell your personal information in any manner.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND SUMMARY
GENERAL PRIVACY PRACTICES
- MSPEI collects information only for specified purposes.
- We only require that you provide the necessary amount of personal information to provide any service, as required by law or by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).
- We may ask you for more information about yourself to help us provide you with more personalized information and services, but in such cases, you are not obligated to provide such information.
- Personal information gathered by MSPEI is held in the strictest confidence and is protected by industry standard best practices.
- In certain instances, Donors are able to restrict the amount of information shared with the charities they support. In doing so, MSPEI may not be able to provide certain services that require personal information. MSPEI will inform you of the implications of opting out.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is defined as any information about an identifiable individual including information that can be used to recognize, identify or contact a specific individual, whether it concerns an email address, where an individual lives, or which interests, causes and organizations he or she supports. Personal information does not include most business contact information such as the name, title, business address, or business telephone or fax number of an employee of an organization, and certain publicly available information.
LINKS TO THIRD EXTERNAL SITES